As the cannabis industry continues to advance, so does the knowledge & methods used by growers.
While growing dynamics vary based on space, location, & a myriad of other elements, there are still some ground rules that any growing facility can benefit from.
We've researched the best tips, tricks, & advice the internet has to offer (for now) & compiled a list of our favorite & most useful practices.
• Implement forced air circulation.
•Effective ventilation will stop insects from breeding.
•Utilizing efficient technology such as double-ended HPS bulbs to get more yield out of the same square footage (with fewer lights).
•Using grow room air cleaners will control odor, dust, & particulate while preventing mold spores, mildew, & fungus, & creating an efficient air flow pattern.
• Think wholly while planning the layout of a growing space. Consider different ways to maximize space & streamline workflow for maximum efficiency.
• Don’t overcrowd a room.
• Control the environment by keeping the grow room a closed space.
• If your air intake comes from outside install a commercial air filter to avoid pests & disease.
• Check for light leaks.
• Check your pH regularly.
• Don't be lazy, sweep & mop to remove contaminants regularly.
• Clear out dead leaves & other plant materials from the grow room.
• Sanitize & deep clean in between harvests.
• Don’t let anyone walk into a grow room from directly outside (or from another grow room).
• Maintain the correct room temperature & a balanced amount of humidity.
• Label everything & stay organized.
• Schedule foliage spraying to stimulate root growth & improve node production.
• Pick up pots to feel the weight of plants before watering to avoid overwatering.
• Make room for the vegetative stage.
• Consider flushing as a part of your routine.
• Don't disregard the drying & curing stages.
• Have fun growing!