As the cannabis industry continues to advance, so does the knowledge and methods used by growers.
While growing dynamics vary based on space, location, and a myriad of other elements, there are still some ground rules that any growing facility can benefit from.
We've researched the best tips, tricks, and advice the internet has to offer (for now) and compiled a list of our favorite and most useful practices.
• Implement forced air circulation.
•Effective ventilation will stop insects from breeding.
•Utilizing efficient technology such as double-ended HPS bulbs to get more yield out of the same square footage (with fewer lights).
•Using air filtration systems will control odor, dust, and particulate while preventing mold spores, mildew, and fungus, and creating an efficient air flow pattern.
• Think wholly while planning the layout of a growing space. Consider different ways to maximize space and streamline workflow for maximum efficiency.
• Don’t overcrowd a room.
• Control the environment by keeping the grow room a closed space.
• If your air intake comes from outside install a commercial air filter to avoid pests and disease.
• Check for light leaks.
• Check your pH regularly.
• Don't be lazy, sweep and mop to remove contaminants regularly.
• Clear out dead leaves and other plant materials from the grow room.
• Sanitize and deep clean in between harvests.
• Don’t let anyone walk into a grow room from directly outside (or from another grow room).
• Maintain the correct room temperature and a balanced amount of humidity.
• Label everything and stay organized.
• Schedule foliage spraying to stimulate root growth and improve node production.
• Pick up pots to feel the weight of plants before watering to avoid overwatering.
• Make room for the vegetative stage.
• Consider flushing as a part of your routine.
• Don't disregard the drying and curing stages.
• Have fun growing!