As the cannabis industry continues to advance, so does the knowledge and methods used by growers.
While growing dynamics vary based on space, location, and a myriad of other elements, there are still some ground rules that any growing facility can benefit from.
We've researched the best tips, tricks, and advice the internet has to offer (for now) and compiled a list of our favorite and most useful practices.
• Implement forced air circulation.
•Effective ventilation will stop insects from breeding.
•Utilizing efficient technology such as double-ended HPS bulbs to get more yield out of the same square footage (with fewer lights).
•Using air filtration systems will control odor, dust, and particulate while preventing mold spores, mildew, and fungus, and creating an efficient air flow pattern.
• Think wholly while planning the layout of a growing space. Consider different ways to maximize space and streamline workflow for maximum efficiency.
• Don’t overcrowd a room.
• Control the environment by keeping the grow room a closed space.
• If your air intake comes from outside install a commercial air filter to avoid pests and disease.
• Check for light leaks.
• Check your pH regularly.
• Don't be lazy, sweep and mop to remove contaminants regularly.
• Clear out dead leaves and other plant materials from the grow room.
• Sanitize and deep clean in between harvests.
• Don’t let anyone walk into a grow room from directly outside (or from another grow room).
• Maintain the correct room temperature and a balanced amount of humidity.
• Label everything and stay organized.
• Schedule foliage spraying to stimulate root growth and improve node production.
• Pick up pots to feel the weight of plants before watering to avoid overwatering.
• Make room for the vegetative stage.
• Consider flushing as a part of your routine.
• Don't disregard the drying and curing stages.
• Have fun growing!
As a manufacturer and distributor of Air Cleaning, Ducting, and Filtration products we are proud to have been identified as an essential business. We will remain open for business performing essential operations during this crisis, supplying industrial, military, and healthcare operations with our products. We are shipping orders on time, with no delay in manufacturing.
Our phone lines are open from 9am-5pm central time, Monday through Friday. Our staff is working remotely wherever possible and we will maintain a bare minimum staff on site to perform basic operations of order processing and accounting. Our onsite staff will follow the appropriate best practices and guidelines set forth by OSHA's latest release of "Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19."
These are unprecedented times and we are committed to protecting both our employees and our communities. Clean air has never been more important, and we're making sure our customers have everything they need. From those working from home who need high quality air filters, to the other essential businesses we supply products to, we're here for you.
We thank you for your support and your business and we hope that this will all be over soon.